Friday, September 12, 2008

Exercise One: Katie Felton






It is difficult for me to imagine where I will be in ten years, because my understanding is that there is just no way to know. Even three years ago, I did not know with absolution that I would be here now and that I would discover architectural design was my passion. I am fascinated by building structures, but as a designer, I feel I can work better with implementing interior and exterior detail to a location.
I have a particular interest in green roofing in places rich with industry and residential neighborhoods. I am an avid gardener and green thumb and I view plant life and foliage as a medium I am eager to work with conceptually.
In terms of my life; in the next ten years, I plan to finish my Bdes, work a little while in Toronto, then do some traveling to see what other designers are doing and draw inspiration around the world. I will most likely land in Australia where I am a citizen, and live and work for a while and possibly apply for a master's program there that is relevant to architecture or the science of sustainability. As I said though, I really don't know anything for certain. There are so many things I need to know more about that basically, I plan on chasing knowledge for the next ten years.

No comments: