Tuesday, December 2, 2008

PROJECT 2 - EVE ZORAWSKI

2:1 SITE ANALYSIS [here]
2:2 PROTOTYPE A + B VERSUS FINAL
2:3 COMMENTS


A - B
FINAL


























When deliberating the rendering style for this project, I was instantly compelled to use simple and strong graphic elements. The Canadian Pacific Tower itself is a strong statement within downtown Toronto with Mies van der Rohe's exquisitely Modern style. For Prototype A I intended to recreate van der Rohe's sketchy rending lines- attempting to obtain the appropriate visual essence of the building.

For my final rendering I chose to combine the clean rigid lines from Prototype B and elegance of Prototype A's emptiness. I also revised my measurements and other details. I find that this rendering makes an interesting marriage between my graphic style and the richness of the Modern building.



No comments: